Saturday, November 28, 2009

What would dating in law school be like w/o Erin Andrews and Megyn Kelly?

Wow, only took me nearly 3 semesters of law school to realize that being single in law school is not the worst thing in the world. Why? Because I can blog about it in the free time I have not doing awesome things single guys do. Like wear 'Sex Panther,' which 60% of the time, leaves me slapped in the face everytime.

My name is Chad and I created this blog in honor of my being single for one year. Of course by single for a year I mean more or less; I'm sure some girls would like to dispute my being single, but this is my blog, not theirs.

My inspiration to start this blog came from Mark Titus' sweet blog - Club Trillion. Basically, this blog is an attempt to turn something terrible (being single in law school) into something not so terrible: life views of a single law guy. For you, the reader, hopefully this is comical and funny; for me, hopefully a distraction from law school. My first few posts will be geared toward why dating in law school sucks, but they will progressively snowball into my life views. Nothing too serious, more like a Seinfeld/Shakespeare "much ado about nothing" type blog. Probably the most exciting part of this blog's future is I may chronical my (potentially uncensored) dating experiences on here. Who wouldn't want to know all about that?

So you might be asking yourself, how can being a 24 year old, single guy (and not to mention great-looking, handsome, jacked/ripped, sensitive yet dominant, like Sylvester Stallone without all of the sweet reasons he has), who lives on a college campus be terrible? What could be so bad about living near thousands of beautiful coed undergrads and 20-something year olds? Well, nothing actually - that's pretty sweet and definitely beats being single somewhere in West Virginia or something like that. There's even a bar that'll pick you up and take you there to where all the undergrads party, for free. Not that I've done that before. Besides, it's really not that cool.

But what is terrible is dating + law school. Imagine this scenario happening at a bar:

Superior Alpha-Male (me) to Hot Girl (HG): Hey what's up? I'm Chad.
HG: Heyyyyy, how you doin' tonight?
Me: Oh you know, just livin' the dream to get you on my team.
HG: (Giggles). Ohhh you're funny...take me now you stud.
Obnoxious/Untimely Friend: Hey have you started outlining for our law school exams yet?
HG: Ewww you're in law school?!?! Get away from me!

So why is dating + law school terrible? Because law school is selfish and non-monogamous, screwing every one that walks in, at all hours of the day, at least when it comes to dating. Even a good-looking girl studying wildlife biologist had a similar-type reaction when she found out I was in law school. I mean seriously, wildlife biology? Like that's not the most uninteresting topic ever. Unfortunately, no wittiness of mine can compete with the truth that she was probably right. Thanks law school.

In short, every girl will (or at least should) learn at sometime or another that you are a law student. Why is this bad? Unfortunately nobody places law students or lawyers on par with, say, professional athletes, rock stars, or basically anyone who loves to party, and basically knows how to get down and have a good time (like John Claude Van Damme minus the hideous 80s music. And by hideous I mean awesome).

That pretty much wraps up why dating in law school sucks. No longer can I sweep girls off their feet with stories of how I'm a minor league baseball player or professional cage fighter. Can't say my friends host parties for me that end up with me waking up next to Elisha Cuthbert (pre-hooking up with the entire NHL) and then finding out I work for her dad and that she's actually in high school. Wait, that's just part of the plot of Old School. Either way, I can't even pull a 1980s Tom Cruise rendition of "You've lost that lovin' feeling" anymore. Not that I ever have (Of course I have). What has this life come to?

Fortunately for the single law guy, there's Erin Andrews and Megyn Kelly. If I were Garth from Wayne's World, and this were the 90s, I'd say both are "magically babelicious."

Random Thought of the Day: Are video posts on facebook not the creepiest thing ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment